Wednesday, May 9, 2007

A wonderful Balloon Ride Wedding in Napa!


Hello! I greatly apologize for the long absence from this blog. I have been keeping myself pretty busy with 2 weddings and 3 engagement sessions. I plan on putting images up from each of those within the next few days so keep on coming back!

The wedding shown to the right was shot on April 21st up in gorgeous Napa! It was my first experience with hot air balloons and quite a wonderful adventure. Colette and Michael wanted a very unique wedding ceremony - very private and serene. We started the day at 6:00am on a crisp April morning. I actually started the day at 4:00 since I had to wake up and drive up to Napa first! How fun it was to drive and watch the skies go from black to a hint of blue to full light!

The couple were married inside the balloon before it took off in flight. The family were all gathered around the basket to witness and take part in the ceremony which included a wonderful water ceremony. After the announcement of the couple in marriage the balloon took off for a 40 minute ride over the vineyards of Napa County.

I had fun chasing the balloon in my car and finding great scenics of their balloon in air! The balloon company, Bonaventura, was very helpful. They invited me to hop in the van when the balloon was ready to land in the middle of a private vineyard. How great it was to be there for the couple when they landed and take some great photographs in the vines.

Later, the bridal party and couple and I went for breakfast (AND COFFEE!!) before we took some more portraits at Graystone, the culinary academy where Colette and Michael met! It was a fantastic day and I was blessed to be a part of their wedding day!

No comments: